- Ovulation induction / controlled ovarian stimulation
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI) Husband / Donor
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and Embryo transfer
- Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm injection (ICSI)
- Sperm retrieval techniques
- TESA (Testicular Sperm Aspiration)
- MESA (Microsurgical Epididymal Sperm Aspiration)
- PESA (Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration)
- Micro - Varicocelectomy
- Laparoscopy (Diagnostic & Therapeutic)
- Hysteroscopy (Diagnostic & Therapeutic)
- Ultra Sound Guided Cyst Aspiration
- Donor Oocyte Program
- Donor Embryo Program
- Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET)
- Semen Freezing
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss Management
- 24 Hours Obstetric Care
Breast cysts are a common abnormality which do not necessarily pose the risk of breast cancer. Ultra Sound Guided Cyst Aspiration is a simple, minimally invasive procedure performed by placing an ultrasound probe over the site of a breast cyst and numbing the area with the help of a local anesthesia. A thin needle is then directly inserted into the cyst by the radiologist and the fluid is withdrawn.
The procedure takes approximately 30 minutes. You will be asked to lie down on your back or slightly turned. An ultrasound probe will be used to locate the cyst. And then the breast will be cleaned using an antiseptic. Next, local anesthesia is injected with the help of a tiny needle in order to numb the part of the breast close to the location of the cyst.
How should you prepare?
⤍ Wear a comfortable two-piece outfit
⤍ On the day of the procedure, do not wear deodorant, lotion, or powder on your breasts, chest or under arms
⤍ There is a risk of bleeding whenever the skin is penetrated. For this reason, you are requested to stop aspirin or similar medications before 5 to 7 days of your procedure
Call us to know more about what to expect before, during and after your ultrasound-guided cyst aspiration at the Rathnaa Fertility Centre.