- Ovulation induction / controlled ovarian stimulation
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI) Husband / Donor
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and Embryo transfer
- Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm injection (ICSI)
- Sperm retrieval techniques
- TESA (Testicular Sperm Aspiration)
- MESA (Microsurgical Epididymal Sperm Aspiration)
- PESA (Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration)
- Micro - Varicocelectomy
- Laparoscopy (Diagnostic & Therapeutic)
- Hysteroscopy (Diagnostic & Therapeutic)
- Ultra Sound Guided Cyst Aspiration
- Donor Oocyte Program
- Donor Embryo Program
- Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET)
- Semen Freezing
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss Management
- 24 Hours Obstetric Care
Hysteroscopy (Diagnostic & Therapeutic)
Hysteroscopy is a procedure used to diagnose and treat any abnormal bleeding in the uterus. During the procedure, a flexible and lighted tube called hysteroscope is inserted through the vagina, which allows the doctor to examine the interior of the cervix and uterus to assess the lining of these structures. Hysteroscopy is used for both diagnostic and therapeutic purposes. It can help determine the causes of infertility.
Diagnostic hysteroscopy - is used to find the problem of the uterus. This procedure is also used to confirm the results obtained from other tests like HSG. Diagnostic hysteroscopy is done in the physician's office with or without a local anesthesia. It is often used to evaluate dysfunctional uterine bleeding, post-menopausal bleeding, reasons for infertility, recurring miscarriages, uterine adhesions, polyps, and fibroids, and to detect and remove shifted intrauterine devices (IUDs).
Therapeutic hysteroscopy - is used to treat any abnormal condition which was detected during the diagnostic hysteroscopy. During therapeutic hysteroscopy, small instruments used to correct the condition are inserted through the hysteroscope.
Therapeutic hysteroscopy is performed to treat the following conditions:
⤍ Fistula inside the uterus
⤍ Hyperplasia of endometrium
⤍ Fibroids and Polyps
Learn more about the use of hysteroscopy to diagnose and treat infertility at the Rathnaa Fertility Centre.