- Ovulation induction / controlled ovarian stimulation
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI) Husband / Donor
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and Embryo transfer
- Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm injection (ICSI)
- Sperm retrieval techniques
- TESA (Testicular Sperm Aspiration)
- MESA (Microsurgical Epididymal Sperm Aspiration)
- PESA (Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration)
- Micro - Varicocelectomy
- Laparoscopy (Diagnostic & Therapeutic)
- Hysteroscopy (Diagnostic & Therapeutic)
- Ultra Sound Guided Cyst Aspiration
- Donor Oocyte Program
- Donor Embryo Program
- Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET)
- Semen Freezing
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss Management
- 24 Hours Obstetric Care
Sperm cryopreservation or semen freezing is a method for men to preserve their sperm for future use. Such frozen sperms can be used in future fertility treatments like IUI or IVF.
Sperm freezing becomes necessary under the following conditions
⤍ Radiation therapy or Chemotherapy
⤍ Certain types of pelvic or testicular surgery
⤍ High risk occupations or sports
⤍ Diabetes may cause erectile difficulty
⤍ Male away from home on day of assisted reproductive treatment
What does semen freezing involve ?
Blood test : Initially a blood test is done to ensure that you do not have any infectious diseases.
Sample : Sample is collected in the laboratory and given to embryologists
Wash and analysis : : Your semen sample will be washed to remove excess material and a quality analysis will be done.
Freezing : The semen sample will be slowly freezen in liquid nitrogen vapors. The frozen samples are then safely stored in storage vessels containing at a temperature of -196C. Sperm Storage : The sperms can be stored for up to ten years for future use. Each patient's semen sample is labeled with the patient’s name, the date, and a unique number recorded on the side.
If you are considering semen cryopreservation, or would like to know more about Semen freezing process at Rathnaa Fertility Center, please contact us.