- Ovulation induction / controlled ovarian stimulation
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI) Husband / Donor
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and Embryo transfer
- Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm injection (ICSI)
- Sperm retrieval techniques
- TESA (Testicular Sperm Aspiration)
- MESA (Microsurgical Epididymal Sperm Aspiration)
- PESA (Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration)
- Micro - Varicocelectomy
- Laparoscopy (Diagnostic & Therapeutic)
- Hysteroscopy (Diagnostic & Therapeutic)
- Ultra Sound Guided Cyst Aspiration
- Donor Oocyte Program
- Donor Embryo Program
- Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET)
- Semen Freezing
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss Management
- 24 Hours Obstetric Care
The most common cause of secondary infertility is considered to be a varicocele. Varicoceles are abnormally enlarged veins in the scrotum, known as pampiniform plexus. Varicoceles is commonly found in about 15% of the general population, but they are more commonly present in men with fertility issues. Varicoceles are a common cause of infertility problems in male as they lead to low sperm production and decreased sperm quality.
Most men with varicoceles have no symptoms and are often diagnosed by a fertility specialist when they have problems conceiving. This condition requires a surgical operation. Microsurgical varicocelectomy, or varicocele repair, is usually considered to be the best treatment for relieving pain caused by the varicocele. It also helps to improve semen parameters, testicular function, and pregnancy rates in couples with male factor infertility associated with varicocele.
During the surgery, the surgeon will locate the vein leading to the varicocele using a microscope and will cut off the flow of blood. The incision will then be closed using a few sutures. Men undergoing a varicocele repair will result in increased sperm count, motility and quality of sperm, which in turn can result in higher success rates of natural pregnancy.
To discuss the best treatment options available to you, book an appointment with Rathnaa Fertility Centre, the leading fertility clinic in Karaikudi.